DVM Admissions

Black Bear Cub  


Information for International Applicants

International students may compete for our non-NY State resident positions.  In addition to fulfilling all other requirements, those students whose undergraduate studies were not taught in English must have completed at least one year (30 semester credits) of undergraduate studies at an accredited college or university in the U.S. in order to be eligible.  International applicants must also submit a TOEFL score of at least 600 or higher if educated in a country where English is not the first, official language.

Test of English For a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - International applicants will need to provide official documentation of the TOEFL score, sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS).  Cornell's College of Veterinary Medicines TOEFL College Code is 1510.

A score of 600 on the ‘Paper Based' test and 100 on the ‘Internet Based' test is required.

Graduate Record Exam (GRE) - You will still need to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) verbal and quantitative sections. You can find out more information about the GRE's and register for the test at the Educational Testing Service (ETS).

Transcripts - All course work taken at a college outside the U.S. must have all credits and grades converted to the U.S. system.  There are a number of organizations that provide this service for a fee. Below find a few organizations that provide credential conversions. 

You will also need to have the transcripts translated if the course work is listed on official transcripts in a language other than English.

World Education Services, Inc.
Web Site:  http://wes.org

American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
Web Site:  http://accrao.org

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.ece.org

International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.ierf.org  

Return to the top