Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences
Email: email@example.com; Phone: 607-253-3469
Sponsor: Iowa State University - American Kennel Club (AKC) Canine Health Foundation (CHF)
Grant Number: 400-23-32
Title: Immunoprofiling Canine ITP for Individualized Therapy
Project Amount: $29,384
Project Period: 02/01/14-1/31/15
DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant):
1. Design and execution of the quantitative direct and indirect platelet autoantibody assays
2. Measurement of CRP in case and control dogs
3. Coordination with Cornell’s CorVetBank in the acquisition and banking of DNA from Cocker Spaniels and Old English Sheepdogs for later SNP genetic profiling
4. Oversight and coordination of submissions for clinical testing consisting of DIC panels, VWF:Ag, Coombs test, and thyroid profiles performed through Cornell’s Animal Health Diagnostic Center.
5. Design and maintenance of study data base to organize clinical and laboratory data, sample processing and shipment, and compilation of study results.