Description    Pets rarely consume toxic mushrooms. Apparent recovery might be followed by relapse due to liver degeneration and/or renal failure.
Species   Canine, Feline
Signs   Abnormal behavior, aggression, changing habits, Abnormal lung or pleural sounds, Abnormal pupillary response to light, Anorexia, Ataxia, Blindness, Bloody stools, feces, hematochezia, Bradycardia, Circling, Colic, Coma, Congestion oral mucous membranes, Constant or increased vocalization, Cyanosis, Decreased respiratory rate, Dehydration, Diarrhea, Disoriented, Dullness, Dysmetria, Dyspnea, Excessive salivation, Fever, Generalized weakness, Head tilt, Hematemesis, Hematuria, Hyperesthesia, Hypothermia, Icterus, Inability to stand, Increased respiratory rate, Lacrimation, Miosis, Mydriasis, Nystagmus, Opisthotonus, Oral mucosal ulcers, vesicles, Pain on external abdominal pressure, Pale, Prolonged capillary refill time, Seizures or syncope, Sudden death, Tachycardia, Tenesmus, Tetraparesis, Trembling, Tremor, Vomiting or regurgitation, Weak pulse
References   Sun J. Toxicity and toxicokinetics of Amanita exitialis in beagle dogs. Toxicon 2018;Jan [Web Reference]
Thawley V. Acute Liver Injury and Failure. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 2017;47:617 [Web Reference]
Seljetun KO. Acute Inocybe mushroom toxicosis in dogs: 5 cases (20102014). J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2017;27:212 [Web Reference]
Copyright © 2018 Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine