Description    Ingestion of the leaves, stems and/or and bulbs of daffodils, NARCISSUS, has caused poisoning in cats and dogs.
Species   Canine, Feline
Signs   Anorexia, Ataxia, Bradycardia, Cold skin, Dehydration, Diarrhea, Dullness, Dysmetria, Excessive salivation, Hypothermia, Pain on external abdominal pressure, Pale, Vomiting or regurgitation, Weak pulse
References   Saxon-Buri S. Daffodil toxcosis in an adult cat. Can Vet J 2004;45:248
Campbell A. Poisonings in small animals from commonly ingested plants. In Pract 1998;20:587
Copyright © 2018 Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine