Make an Appointment
- The Dermatology Service schedules appointments for horses on Wednesday and Friday mornings from 9 to 11 a.m. Please call 607-253-3100 to make an appointment.
- A valid Coggin's certificate is required for transportation to the hospital.
- It is recommended for all elective surgical appointments that your horse's temperature be checked morning and night for three to four days before your appointment. If a temperature above 101.5 degrees F is noted, please call us for recommendations or to reschedule as long transportation or anesthesia for elective surgical procedures are not recommended with a recent fever. Likewise, if your horse any signs of respiratory disease (coughing, nasal discharge, etc.), any lymph node enlargement or any diarrhea, please seek veterinary attention and call us to reschedule your appointment.
- Please bring any pertinent medical records or have them faxed to 607-253-3787.
- Payment is required at the time of service. (See Financial Info.)
The Dermatology Service at the Cornell University Hospital for Animals provides the best-available specialty care for horses with skin and ear conditions. Our staff includes two full-time board-certified veterinarians with a combined 70 years of experience, one associate board-certified dermatologist, along with residents and veterinary technicians. We work closely with other services including ophthalmology, surgery, oncology, neurology and internal medicine to provide comprehensive care for your animal.
We offer state-of-the-art diagnostic techniques and treatments, including intradermal and serologic allergy testing. We also read skin-biopsy specimens submitted to our diagnostic laboratory through the university clinics and from private practitioners.
- Intradermal allergy testing