- Dr. Cynthia Leifer was awarded the Dolph O. Adams Award <more>
- Dr. David Russell has been appointed to the International Scientific Advisory Committee <more>
- Dr. Avery August won the 2016 Ruth Kirschstein Diversity in Science Award <more>
- Students from around the country participated in the AQUAVET program at the Georgia Aquarium <more>
- Dr.Rodney Dietert was awarded the James G. Wilson Publication Award <more>
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology comprises an interactive faculty engaged in research in infectious disease and host immune response. We study a range of pathogens, including viruses, bacteria and parasites, and other insults such as toxins. Our immunology interests stretch from understanding immune protection to vaccine development. Consequently our faculty members are associated with many Graduate Fields. To meet our faculty, come join us at our TGIF, held every Friday afternoon on the 5th floor of VMC!
Associate Professor in Virology Position Available: