How to Contact Us
If you are an owner or caretaker:
with a non-urgent question or problem relating to animal pain, all of the following will be addressed within a one week turn around time:
- please utilize our Animal Pain Voicemail Hotline at (607) 253-3296
- complete our Animal Pain Consultation Questionnaire and email this to email@example.com.
- complete our Animal Pain Consultation Questionnaire and mail or fax this to:
Animal Pain Management Service
c/o Administrative Assistant
College of Veterinary Medicine
Ithaca, NY 14853
Fax: (607) 253-3289
with a more urgent question relating to animal pain, in order to have your question addressed within a 24-48 hour time period:
- please utilize our fee based Animal Pain Voicemail Hotline at (607) 253-3296
- A nominal fee of $25/case will be charged for most cases. Payment can be made via MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit cards.
with an animal that you believe needs to be seen by our pain management veterinarians at the Cornell University Hospital for Animals:
- please have your veterinarian call us to arrange an appointment
- please phone the appointment line at (607) 253-3060 or (607) 253-3296 and request an appointment with the Animal Pain Management Service.
- If you are coming as an appointment,
- - Please obtain all recent laboratory blood test results, vaccine records, history and exam findings, and imaging (radiographs, MRI, or CT results) from your referring veterinarian prior to the exam. You can bring these with you, or you can mail them to us at the address above prior to your appointment. DICOM imaging studies can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your appointment.
- - If you indicate a referring veterinarian, we will automatically be mailing or faxing a copy of the discharge statement to them following your appointment. Referring veterinarians are also provided with a full commentary review letter for all hospitalized or in depth cases after the animal is discharged unless you request otherwise.
If you are a referring veterinarian:
For urgent requests,
- Please utilize our referring veterinary website on pain medicine, rehabilitation, perisurgical care and anesthesiology at www.cornellapps.com/. If you do not subscribe to this consult website, but wish to do so, please contact Ms. Marci Benda at (607) 253-3060 to enroll.
- With this service, following a detailed review of your on-line complete case material, we will call or email you (please indicate which is your preference) within two business days to discuss the case. Our consultants will then make appropriate recommendations using a multidisciplinary approach and provide you with information regarding further diagnostic and treatment options, prognosis and costs for your patient's management. Your consult will be kept on file so the information will be available if you have follow-up questions.
- If quicker response is needed for urgent or emergent cases, phone us at (607) 253-3003 and ask for the pain medicine consultant on duty. Specify that an urgent consultation is required.
For non urgent minor requests
- Call our voicemail hotline at (607) 253-3296.
Note: this is a voicemail system intended for non urgent and non emergent requests.
- Email us at email@example.com
Note: this is an email system intended for non urgent and non emergent requests
If you are REFERRING a case to be seen in person by the pain medicine or rehabilitation service,
If you are a Cornell University Hospital for Animals clinician with a patient in the hospital that needs to be seen:
- For urgent or stat consultations, please page Dr. Looney
- For non urgent requests, please utilize our Pain and Rehabilitative Medicine Consultation form.
- - Print this form off and insert on our clipboard in the medicine pod
- hand deliver to Dr. Looney or Samantha Koba, LVT
- Email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org