Information for Applicants of Clinical Pathology
We strongly recommend that you consider visiting Ithaca and meeting with our faculty and residents before applying to our program. Below is a list of requirements for applying to our residency program in Clinical Pathology. Note: We do not participate in the Veterinary Internship and Residency Matching Program (VIRMP).
• DVM or equivalent degree (we do not require veterinary schools be AVMA accredited)
• At least one year in clinical practice/internship or completion of a PhD program in biomedical sciences is preferred
• Letter of intent, including short- and long-term career goals
• Curriculum vitae
• Names, title, position, and email addresses of 3 referees.
• Three letters of reference on professional letterhead with a signature. These can be sent by mail or electronically and must be sent directly from the referee under separate cover.
• All referees must also use the attached document in conjunction with the letter of reference: Candidate information (word format; pdf format)
• Official university (DVM) transcripts (this must be received from the College/University Registrar)
• Cornell University has a rich international diversity with an on-campus office for international students and scholars to assist with integration to the university. For international applicants, we do not require TOEFL scores. If you are not a US citizen but are residing in the US, please indicate your visa status.
• Vacancies for our residency program are listed on our website and the ASVCP/ACVP training websites.
• Electronic applications are acceptable (except for transcripts)
Note, that any incomplete submissions (any missing information) will not be considered after the application deadline.