The CVM Staff Council was established in 2012 with the main objective of providing a mechanism for non-academic staff to effectively provide input to College Leadership on matters relating to the work environment.
The Dionne Henderson Staff Excellence Award is an annual award presented to the College of Veterinary Medicine staff members who consistently demonstrate a high level of commitment and dedication to the College and its community members. They excel in the performance of their job duties, have a positive and influential impact on the College environment, and foster cooperation and collaboration among colleagues. These staff members "live" the core values of the college of Veterinary Medicine. Please click on qualtrics survey to nominate someone for this award:
The Staff Council
- Facilitates communication between staff members and College Leadership
- Provides a forum for staff participation in relevant and important discussions
- Assists in building a cohesive community, where the contributions of staff are recognized
- Mary Beth Jordan, Director of CVM Human Resources (ex-officio member)
- David Howe, Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration (ex-officio member)
- Dean Warnick, Dean of the CVM Hospital (ex-officio member)
- Nicole Woodhull, Assistant to the Assistant Dean (RMSS, ex-officio member)
- Leslie D'Arcy, Assistant to the Assistant Dean (Alumni Affairs, ex-officio member)
- Scott Butler, Biomedical Sciences (Chair)
- Kevin Lyon, Molecular Medicine, (Vice Chair)
- Leslie Planck, Accounting Service Center (Treasurer)
- Omyia Damaj, Animal Health Diagnostic Center
- Chris De Leonardis, Animal Health Diagnostic Center
- Karla Munroe, Animal Health Diagnostic Center
- Christine Williams, Animal Health Diagnostic Center
- Jackie Creque, Assistant to the Associate Dean for Research & Graduate Education
- Nicole O'Connell-Avery, Cornell Hospital for Animals, Technician
- Marcy Benda, Assistant to Associate Dean and Hospital Director , Cornell University Hospital for Animals
- Enjoy volunteering? Join one of our sub-committees! We host numerous events each year, including wellness seminars and fitness competitions!
- Enjoy helping new staff navigate the College? Volunteer to be a CVM Ambassador!
- Have questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions? Email us at email@example.com or learn more about us on the Intranet (netid login required)