Faculty and Staff Information
Last update: 10/8/2020
Unless approved to return to campus by their dean, department chair or supervisor, faculty, and staff who are currently working remotely should continue to do so. Please reach out to your supervisor or unit HR director if you have questions.
- Complete a Daily Check (a NYS-mandated daily health screening)
Follow university safety guidelines
- Stay home if sick
- Wear a face mask whenever indoors
- Socially distance by at least 6 feet whenever possible
- Wash your hands frequently
- Visibly wear your student ID at all times when on the CVM campus
- On campus employees must use Daily Check
On campus employees are required to do surveillance testing. It is recommended to use the LH6, Schurman Hall testing location (other locations). A testing appointment will be scheduled through Daily Check
- CUHA employees: 2 x per week
- If working with D.V.M. students: 2 x per week
- On campus >= 2 days/week: 1 x per week
- On campus <2 days/week: 1 x per 2 weeks
NEW HOURS of CVM testing site (updated on 10/8/2020):
- Mon.-Fri.: 7:30 a.m.– 5:30 p.m.
- Sat.-Sun.: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Only positive results will be notified via Tompkins County Health Department. Notification will take place within 24-hours of test
- Faculty and staff who work only remotely and never come to campus will not be part of the surveillance testing program
- Link to review full policy (CVM Intranet, accessible remotely with your VPN)
- Non-essential business travel is prohibited
Personal travel for any employee who is cleared to work on campus who plans to travel out of the area that presents increased risk is discouraged
- ie travel to areas with >9 cases/100,000 (7-day average) or travel using public modes of transportation (airport hubs, trains, subways, buses, boats, etc. Does not include Campus to Campus or TCAT)
Prior to Any Travel
- Review the current NYS travel advisory
- If you must travel out of the local area, please complete this form: (9/25) Employee Travel Risk Assessment (CVM Internal Resource). You will receive a response from your unit leader within 48 hours.
- Work with CVM program rep for guidance re: return to campus
Returning from Travel
- Review the current NYS travel advisory
- Complete NYS travel form
Returning from travel outside of Ithaca (also see info on travel risk in the Travel section below)
- From an increased-risk travel state, as designated by NYS: Quarantine for 14 days and have a test done at least 5 days after arrival. If negative, inform program contact return to CVM after 14 day quarantine period
- Increased risk travel from a state not on the NYS list: Quarantine for 5 days and have a test on Day 5. If negative, inform program contact and return to CVM
- From a low risk area: Return to CVM; have COVID test if you feel odd
- If you did not get input from CVM program rep before travel, please request guidance before returning to campus
Access to CVM buildings requires a Cornell ID at all times
Observe all signage in facilities regarding usage of spaces, direction of traffic flow, and wear and when to wear a mask
Educational Support Services - Virtual Teaching (CVM Internal Resource)
- Room occupancy guidelines in the hospital: Occupancy of rooms in the hospital can be exceeded for student learning experiences. To exceed room occupancy guidelines, FACE SHIELDS are required to be worn by each individual in the room.
What to expect when you answer YES on the daily check:
- CMC may take an employee out of work pending test results. The test might be one from our surveillance testing if taken recently and results are still pending.
- CMC must clear the employee to return to work after a non-detect result. This is done via phone call and email. The employee is able to proactively call the hotline and another Telehealth visit is set up.
- CMC is pushing clearance emails 7 days a week. Email comes from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daily check reset is currently a manual process. Concurrent email is sent to Central HR (Leaves Department) and daily check is reset.
- Employees can return to work with CMC email even if the daily check is not yet reset, for example on the weekends or early morning.
- This process is for employees only and continuing to be worked on to further automate.
Other helpful resources: