Faculty and Staff Information
Last update: Mar 25 2021
Unless approved to return to campus by their dean, department chair or supervisor, faculty, and staff who are currently working remotely should continue to do so. Please reach out to your supervisor or unit HR director if you have questions.
- Complete a Daily Check (a NYS-mandated daily health screening)
Follow university safety guidelines
- Stay home if sick
- Wear a face mask whenever indoors
- Socially distance by at least 6 feet whenever possible
- Wash your hands frequently
- Visibly wear your student ID at all times when on the CVM campus
NEW HOURS of CVM testing in effect from March 8 (updated Mar 18 2021):
- Mon.-Fri.: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.; Sat 7:30 a.m. - noon
- Testing at non-CVM sites at Cornell surveillance testing webpage
- On campus employees must use Daily Check
On campus employees are required to do surveillance testing. It is recommended to use the LH6, Schurman Hall testing location (other locations). A testing appointment will be scheduled through Daily Check
- CUHA employees: 2 x per week
- If working with D.V.M. students: 2 x per week
- On campus >= 2 days/week: 1 x per week
- On campus <2 days/week: 1 x per 2 weeks
- Only positive results will be notified via Tompkins County Health Department. Notification will take place within 24-hours of test
- Faculty and staff who work only remotely and never come to campus will not be part of the surveillance testing program
TRAVEL IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED - Cornell Policy
Link to review full policy (CVM Intranet, accessible remotely with your VPN)
- Non-essential business travel is prohibited (Cornell Policy)
- Personal travel out of the area is strongly discouraged
- Prior to any travel outside of the local area, for any CVM employee approved to work on campus:
When returning from travel, CVM employees are expected to comply with all testing and/or quarantine requirements (per NYS and HR liaison) (see CVM travel policy). At this time, the CVM return-to-campus policy is not different for those who are/are not vaccinated.
- If you did not get input from CVM program rep before travel, please request guidance before returning to campus
- Vaccine information is regularly updated at Cornell's COVID-19 Vaccines webpage
If you believe that you are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine under job-based criteria established through the New York State COVID-19 vaccination program and you are approved to work on campus you will need to show evidence of your eligibility. To obtain the required documentation, use the Cornell University COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Attestation Tool.
The COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Process is available through the Daily Check and allows all faculty, staff and students to easily upload proof of vaccination
- Access to CVM buildings requires a Cornell ID at all times
Observe all signage in facilities regarding usage of spaces, direction of traffic flow, and wear and when to wear a mask
Educational Support Services - Virtual Teaching (CVM Internal Resource)
Quick Guide Course Leaders (CVM Internal Resource) This document provides a concise summary of course planning topics to help D.V.M. course leaders prepare for the spring 2021 semester.
- Room occupancy guidelines in the hospital: Occupancy of rooms in the hospital can be exceeded for student learning experiences. To exceed room occupancy guidelines, FACE SHIELDS are required to be worn by each individual in the room.
What to expect when you answer YES on the daily check:
- CMC may take an employee out of work pending test results. The test might be one from our surveillance testing if taken recently and results are still pending.
- CMC must clear the employee to return to work after a non-detect result. This is done via phone call and email. The employee is able to proactively call the hotline and another Telehealth visit is set up.
- CMC is pushing clearance emails 7 days a week. Email comes from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daily check reset is currently a manual process. Concurrent email is sent to Central HR (Leaves Department) and daily check is reset.
- Employees can return to work with CMC email even if the daily check is not yet reset, for example on the weekends or early morning.
- This process is for employees only and continuing to be worked on to further automate.
Other helpful resources: