Educational Technologies Innovation Grant
The Educational Technologies Innovation Grant is co-managed by Educational Support Services and the Educational Technology Steering Committee at the College of Veterinary Medicine. The goal of this program is to promote and support excellence in teaching at the College in the area of technology-enhanced teaching. Each year, the grant committee is expected to release two requests for proposals. All College of Veterinary Medicine faculty members are eligible to apply for this grant, including those who coordinate and/or teach courses in the DVM, MPH, MPS, undergraduate, and graduate programs. Grant recipients will have access to the Educational Support Services team to assist with the design, development, and implementation of their educational resource.
Proposals are reviewed by the committee with priority given to projects that are technically feasible and are expected to have a significant student learning impact. Proposals selected in Phase I undergo a second phase of development in which members of the Educational Support Services team work with project leaders to develop a full scope of work that will be submitted to the committee for final approval. The next request for proposals is expected to be released in spring 2019.
- Interactive Animation to Teach Immunology in Foundation Course IV (Dr. Julia Felippe, Dr. Cynthia Leifer, Dr. Brian Rudd, Dr Ted Clarke)
- Flipping the Clinical Skills Lab (Dr. Carolyn McDaniel, Pati Kirch, Dr. Daniel J. Fletcher)
- Improving Knowledge Integration and Clinical Application in SA-ECC Medicine (Dr. Rob Goggs, Dr. Julie Menard, Dr. Gretchen Schoeffler)
- Interactive Clinical Case Management of Common Cancers Diagnosed in Canine and Feline Patients (Dr. Cheryl Balkman, Dr. Ashleigh Newman)
- Outbreak!! A Case-Based Interactive Scenario (Dr. Lena DeTar)
- Salmonella Dublin in a Dairy Herd: An online case study to promote learner-centered epidemiology training among MPH and DVM Students (Dr. Kevin Cummings, Dr. Sabine Mann)
- Vet-ECG e-Learning Module (Dr. Romain Pariaut)
- The Gait is Abnormal, But How and What Does it Mean? (Dr. Emma Davies, Dr. Kei Hayashi)
- Advanced Online ECC Cases for Deliberate Clinical Practice (Dr. Julie Menard, Dr. Gretchen Schoeffler, Dr. Rob Goggs)