CVM community comes together for festive, successful Give Back Challenge
Faculty, staff and students of the College of Veterinary Medicine gathered for a celebration of the culmination of the annual Give Back Challenge December 14. This year’s Give Back Challenge included the following impressive statistics:
- Most items collected: Animal Health Diagnostic Center at 283, which will benefit the Ithaca Rescue Mission.
- Most money raised: $432 by the CVM Administration, which will benefit the CUHA Patient Assistance Fund.
- Winner of the baking competition’s People’s Choice Award: Michelle Nieman, who made miniature gingerbread cupcakes. The People’s Choice runner-up was Karuna Katariwala, who made cinnamon rolls.
- Silent Auction: 21 people donated items they made for the Silent Auction, which raised $1,078 also for the CUHA Patient Assistance Fund.
- Total amount raised for the CUHA Patient Assistance Fund: $1,510
The community also came together to write a total of 197 holiday cards that will be delivered to the veterans at the Syracuse VA Medical Center on December 22. CVM collected 687 non-perishable items to donate to the Food Pantry of the Southern Tier and the Schuyler County SPCA.
Thank you to everyone who made this year’s holiday activities such a success!