Join our community!
The College of Veterinary Medicine brings faculty and staff together to create a healthier world for animals and people. We are a leading institution in public health, biomedical research, animal medicine and veterinary medical education, and a workplace that strongly values diversity, equity, inclusion and well-being.
Current veterinary technician open positions
Updated March 2023
- Small Animal Surgery LVT Section Supervisor - CVM
- Licensed Veterinary Technician - Neurology
- Veterinary Imaging Technician (RT/LVT)
Licensed Veterinary Technician- Equine and Nemo Farm Animal Hospital
- Licensed Veterinary Technician- Nursing Care Unit
- More career opportunities at the College of Veterinary Medicine and elsewhere at Cornell can be found at careers.hr.cornell.edu
- Check out our 2023 Summer Vet Tech Preceptorship Program here: https://www.vet.cornell.edu/education/visitor-professional-programs/preceptorships
Rewards and benefits
An award-winning employer of choice benefits program.
- Comprehensive health care options.
- Access to wellness programs.
- Employee discounts with local and national retail brands.
- Generous retirement contributions.
- Impressive educational benefits include tuition-free Extramural Study and Employee Degree Program, Tuition Aid for external education, and Cornell Children's Tuition Assistance program.
- Our LVT career ladder is focused on career and specialty advancement, with financial and mentorship support.
- 3 weeks of vacation and 13 holidays with generous holiday pay if you do work on those days.
- We invite you to follow this link to get more information: https://hr.cornell.edu/summaries-benefits and https://hr.cornell.edu/jobs/your-total-rewards.
- Rabies pre-exposure vaccination and titer costs covered by Cornell.
Typical recruiting areas and job titles
- Licensed veterinary technicians
- Administrative assistants
- Administrative managers
- Laboratory technicians
- Medical technologists
- Animal attendants
- Finance, accounting and IT positions
About Cornell University
In 2022, Cornell has been named a Forbes Best Employer for New Grads, a Best Large Employers in the nation, and America’s Best-in-State Employers for New York. Every single job at Cornell supports the university's mission: to discover, preserve and disseminate knowledge, to educate the next generation of global citizens, and to promote a culture of broad inquiry throughout and beyond the Cornell community. Cornell is also committed to serving the public to enhance the lives of people in New York and around the world. In short, when you work at Cornell, you are working to make the world a better place.
Read more about what makes Cornell a great place to work here.