December 2018: Hellos, goodbyes and HR update
Help us welcome new employees who joined the CVM community in November and bid a fond farewell to those who have retired.
- Matt Braun, Assistant Dean for Alumni Affairs & Development, CVM Administration
- Jason Philip Garnett, Administrative Assistant, Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Don Hinshaw III, Team Leader, Materials Warehouse, Cornell University Hospital for Animals
- Kelly Anne Patterson, Administrative Assistant IV-Business Office, Cornell University Hospital for Animals
No retirements during this time period.
Human Resources Update
2019 Contract College Option Transfer: December 18, 2018-January 18, 2019
There are only certain changes you can make to your health plan coverage during the state-run Option Transfer period.
- No action is required if you wish to keep your current health plan and coverage level.
- Permitted changes require that you submit a paper PS404 Enrollment Form to Benefit Services.
In addition to the state-run Option Transfer period, Cornell also offers you the ability to enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts and add or change Legal Insurance. See the information, including deadlines and processes below.
Consider the following questions as you decide on your elections for 2019. To make it even easier, we've created a Decision/Enrollment Guide that will also help you along the way. Click below to get started.
Do you want to keep your current medical coverage or are you considering a change?
|Do you want to contribute to a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?|
Do you want to keep your current legal coverage or do you want to enroll for the first time?
We encourage you to use this Decision/Enrollment Guide.