Class of 2024 Hooding Ceremony Information
DVM Hooding Ceremony
Please visit https://commencement.cornell.edu/ for the most up to date information regarding Cornell's Commencement weekend.
Day of the event:
- The best place for parking for the Hooding Ceremony will be the Human Ecology/Forest Home Parking Garage at 37 Forest Home Dr.: https://www.cornellconcertseries.com/parking-and-transportation/ (please see this map for walking directions to Bailey Hall from the parking garage)
- The best place for parking for the reception following the Hooding Ceremony at the College of Veterinary Medicine atrium is in O-lot, TRB-lot, or B-lot.
- Please visit the Cornell University website to learn more about Accessible Parking Spaces
- If you have a visitor who has accessibility needs, please drop them off in front of Bailey Hall prior to parking. There will be an usher outside helping people find that entrance.
- The ushers inside can assist them in finding seating.
- Please do not park in any designated license plate spots, you will be towed.
- Patrons with limited mobility may gain access to Bailey Hall through the entrance to the lower lobby at the southwest corner of the building (to the left of the main doors as you face Bailey Hall from the plaza). There is an elevator in the lobby for patrons’ use. A small lift in the auditorium may be used to transfer guests to and from the orchestra level.
- The photographer will take a photo of you on stage receiving your degree with the Dean. Family members are welcome to take photos as well.
- There will also be a class photo taken at the end of the ceremony.
- Those photos will be ready about a week after the ceremony and I will send you that information when it is ready via email.
Live Stream of the Ceremony:
- DVM Hooding Ceremony livestream link: coming soon!
- All commencement related streams are going to be hosted on the commencement website and embedded into players on the individual ceremony pages. All of the links will be available from this page. Please note you will need to look for: “Veterinary College – 2023”. Friends and family who are unable to attend in person may watch the ceremony remotely: https://commencement.cornell.edu/may/events/coll/
- Dress code: We suggest business casual/business.
- The reception is immediately following at the CVM Takoda’s Run Atrium.
- Please contact email@example.com or 607-253-3700 with any further questions.