Vicki Weber, LVT
Teaching Support Specialist
Maddie's® Shelter Medicine Program
College of Veterinary Medicine
Cornell University, Ithaca 14853
When Vicki first started her career as a Veterinary Technician, she knew that shelter medicine was not for her. Or at least she thought she knew. Since graduation in 2005 she worked mainly in small animal general practice along with small stint in equine medicine at a specialty practice in Ohio. In 2012, a friend who ran a rescue asked if she would vaccinate several kittens for her. Since then it has been a downhill slide into Shelter Medicine, which she deems the most rewarding part of her career so far! Aside from her LVT work, Vicki enjoys her country home life, trail riding with her paint draft horse, Bailey, and loving up on her two donkeys, 2 cats, and 1 dog. She and her husband enjoy traveling, are Disney lovers, and love family.
State University of New York at Delhi, Delhi, NY (Graduated 5/2005)
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Science, Specializing in Large Animal Medicine with attention to Equine.
- Active member and then President of the NYSAVT – Student Chapter at Delhi.
- Chosen to participate as a peer mentor within the Veterinary Science program.
- Student teacher for Basic Equine Care class.
- Participated in the Student Work Program at the college farm.
- Performed 6 week externship at Cornell University Large Animal Hospital within the Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology, and Ambulatory Services.
Morrisville State College, Morrisville, NY (Graduated 5/2003)
- Associates Degree in Equine Science and Management
- Specializing in Draft Horse Breaking, Training, Show, and Management; and Agriculture Business.
- Member of the Morrisville State College Volleyball Team; and travelled with the Morrisville State College Draft Horse Show Hitch.