March 2018: Hellos, Goodbyes, and HR Update
Help us welcome new employees who joined the CVM community in February and bid a fond farewell to those who have retired.
|Gordon P. Andrews||Veterinary Curriculum||Animal Attendant|
|Stephanie Auberger||Cornell University Hospital for Animals||ICU Veterinary Technician|
|Zonia Oryanna KH Clancy||Cornell University Hospital for Animals||Anesthesia LVT|
|Cherie L. Soule||Accounting Service Center||Accounts Representative|
|Suzin M. Webb||Department of Biomedical Sciences||Lab Manager|
|Whitney Rachel Whaley||Animal Health Diagnostic Center||Program/Extension Aide|
|Peter Borst||Department of Biomedical Sciences||Laboratory Technician|
|Christopher O. Doane||Animal Health Diagnostic Center||AHDC Technician - Histopathology|
|Jennifer M. Granger||Animal Health Diagnostic Center||AHDC Technician - Regulatory|
|Shari A. Hemsley||Cornell University Hospital for Animals||Veterinary Technician|
Human Resources Update
Supervisory Feedback Survey!
In conjunction with the performance dialogue process, the CVM HR office is, once again, administering a supervisory feedback survey. The survey will provide an opportunity for staff to share confidential feedback on their immediate supervisor. All staff members are strongly encouraged to share anonymous and constructive feedback, which will be collected by HR and distributed to the “next-level” supervisor (generally a Dean, Department Chair, or Director). If you have more than one supervisor, we encourage you to complete this survey for each one. If you have already completed the survey, we thank you for the feedback!!
Please submit feedback on your supervisor by March 30, 2018 by accessing the survey below:
Learn About Education Benefits For Yourself And Your Children
Do you have a child entering college in the fall? Are you interested in pursuing a degree or other continuing education?
Attend one of these informative workshops to learn how Cornell can help! Click on the program to check eligibility and other requirements, and register to attend and learn more:
- Cornell Children’s Tuition Scholarship (CCTS) Program: March 29, 10:00-11:30 am, 140 EHOB. Register through: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuition Aid/Part-time Study: March 30, 10:00-11:00 am, 140 EHOB. Contact: Maureen Brull from Benefit Services and Lisa Schutt from the School of Continuing Education.
- Undergraduate Employee Degree Program (EDP): April 2, 10:00-11:00 am, 140 EHOB. Register through: email@example.com
Inclusive Excellence Academy
With a focus on the development of multicultural fluency, Cornell University’s Inclusive Excellence Academy offers programs designed to advance an inclusive educational environment and workplace. The programs incorporate interactive theater and experienced speakers that engage audiences, open eyes, and change minds. Topics addressed by programs include Unconscious bias; Disability inclusiveness; Veterans in the workforce; Workplace bullying; LGBTQ+ Inclusion
Upcoming Session: Unpacking Mental Health in the Workplace – March 21, 2018; 10am – 12pm
Current Nonacademic Open Positions
The list below is dynamic and updated regularly. For additional information, please visit the Cornell Careers Page at https://hr.cornell.edu/jobs.
- Lead Ruffian Animal Technician- (position located in Elmont, NY)
- Animal Attendant SO4 - CVM Teaching Dairy Barn
- Licensed Veterinary Technician-Anesthesia
- Licensed Veterinary Technician-CAH Internal Medicine
- Licensed Veterinary Technician-Equine & Farm Animal Hospital
- Licensed Vet Tech - Ruffian Hospital, Elmont, NY
- Licensed Veterinary Tech - Nursing Care
- Veterinary Imaging Technician - LVT/RT
- Lab Processing Assistant III
- Assistant Dean for Alumni Affairs & Development - CVM
- Medical Technologist Asst. / Medical Technologist I
Academic Open Positions
For a listing of open academic positions, please visit: https://apps.hr.cornell.edu/recruiting/facultycareer.cfm.
Should you have any questions related to the topics above, please contact the CVM HR office (607-253-4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org).