November 2018: Hellos, Goodbyes and HR Update
Help us welcome new employees who joined the CVM community in October and bid a fond farewell to those who have retired.
- Damon George Frederick Brown, Animal Attendant S04, Cornell University Hospital for Animals
- Kenichiro Yagi, Veterinary Education Simulation Laboratory Manager, Department of Clinical Sciences
- Kevin Draiss, Animal Technician II, Baker Institute for Animal Health
Human Resources Update
CVM BeneFair, December 5, 2018 in Takoda’s Run Atrium
Option transfer season is here, and that means it's the best time of year to review your benefits elections and make sure everything is up to date. Remember, this is the only time during the year employees can enroll in or make changes to their benefits (unless you experience a qualifying event).
Check your benefits: Log in to Workday and click on the Benefits icon to review your benefits elections.
Go to BeneFair: If you have questions about any of your benefits, make sure to attend BeneFair, Wednesday, December 5, 2018 from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in Takoda’s Run Atrium. You will have an opportunity to speak directly with Cornell Benefit Services staff and partner vendors. You can also find information about health care, retirement and insurance benefits, as well as the wide variety of additional benefits, such as continuing education, career training, wellness, parenting and caregiver support and more. Questions? Contact Benefit Services at (607) 255-3936.
Protect Your Personal Data: Opt Out of Receiving Your W-2 in the Mail
Did you know that you can elect not to have your W-2 mailed to you? It’s true! You can opt to receive your year-end W-2 form electronically. Electronic access eliminates the risk of a stolen or lost W-2, reduces the risk of identity theft, saves postage, reduces environmental impact and allows you early and instant access.
To suppress the mailing of your W-2 and opt in for an electronic copy of your W-2:
- Click the Pay icon.
- Under the External Links, click How do I opt in for an electronic W-2? A PDF document will download that contains instructions to follow.
- Take Action Now: The deadline to opt in to receive an electronic copy of your 2018 W-2 is January 4, 2019.
- If you have not opted for an electronic copy of your 2018 W-2, please review and update your mailing address no later than January 4, 2019.
Current Nonacademic Open Positions
The list below is dynamic and updated regularly. For additional information, please visit the Cornell Careers Page.
- Genomics Project Coordinator
- Grant & Contract Assistant, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Technician III - Stokol Lab
- Toxicology Technician
- Bioinformatics Analyst
- Ruffian Emergency Care Clinician - Located in Long Island
- Client Service Representative - 1 year term position
- Equine Licensed Vet Tech - Elmont, NY
- CUHA- Customer Service Representative (Part-time, Weekend position)
- Client Service Representative - Cornell Ruffian Equine Specialists-Located in Long Island
- Licensed Veterinary Technician - Companion Animal Nursing Care
Academic Open Positions
For a listing of open academic positions, please visit: https://apps.hr.cornell.edu/recruiting/facultycareer.cfm.
Should you have any questions related to the topics above, please contact the CVM HR office (607-253-4111 or email@example.com).