October 2018: Hellos, goodbyes and HR update
Help us welcome new employees who joined the CVM community in September and bid a fond farewell to those who have retired.
- Peggy Jean Abramson, Licensed Veterinary Technician - Dentistry, CUHA
- Cory Jovan Brown, Veterinary Technician, CUHA
- Richard Patrick Hackett, Professor Emeritus, Department of Clinical Sciences
- Savanna Hotaling, Licensed Veterinary Technician - Anesthesia, CUHA
- Kelsey Jennings Roggensack, Administrative Assistant, Research and Graduate Education
- Jonathan Wood, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Clinical Sciences
- Kenichiro Yagi, Veterinary Education Simulation Laboratory Manager, Department of Clinical Sciences
- Debra Crane, Administrative Assistant, Department of Molecular Medicine
Human Resources Update
Inclusive Excellence Podcast
Join Sherron Brown and Cornell Woodson for a monthly podcast series where they unpack various topics related to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. During each episode, they will provide action steps listeners can implement immediately and interview campus colleagues, in varied roles, about the ways in which they are creating cultures of belonging. You can listen to this podcast on your phone, at your desk, on your way to work, while you are cooking, even while you get ready for bed! You can find the podcast episodes on Soundcloud.
Do you have a topic you would like us to discuss on the podcast? Have someone we should highlight for their awesome work around campus? Feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcing the New HR Services and Transitions Center (HRSTC)!
We’ve combined our teams from HR Onboarding, Benefit Services and Benefits Administration into one team to better and more efficiently serve Cornell faculty and staff. HRSTC counselors are trained to evaluate and address your needs, provide resources or solutions and assist with your life/career changes or transitions. Whether you have questions or need assistance with onboarding, benefits, leaves of absence, health issues, life events, planning for retirement or considering a job/career change, our team can help you with the benefits program, plan or resource that fits your needs. Come see us in person at East Hill Office Building (EHOB), Suite 110, 395 Pine Tree Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850, write to us at email@example.com or call us at (607-255-3936; TTY 711).
Fall is a Busy Season for Your Benefits!
It's an important time to be thinking about your benefits for next year.
2018 Medical Care Flexible Spending Accounts
2018 accounts are for expenses for services received on or before Monday, 12/31/2018. If you have a balance as of 12/31/18, up to $500 will be rolled into a 2019 account in the spring. Remaining money in your account over $500 as of 12/31/2018 will be forfeited. The claims deadline to submit claims for 2018 medical and dependent care expenses is 4/30/19.
2018 Dependent Care FSA
You may incur expenses from 1/1/2018 – 3/15/2019 to use up any remaining money in your 2018 account. The claims deadline to submit claims for 2018 medical and dependent care expenses is 4/30/19.
2019 Medical Care or Dependent Care FSA
If you want a Medical Care or Dependent Care FSA in 2019, you MUST re-enroll during Open Enrollment or Option Transfer!
Current Nonacademic Open Positions
The list below is dynamic and updated regularly. For additional information, please visit the Cornell Careers Page.
- CUHA- Customer Service Representative (Part-time, weekend position)
- Ruffian Emergency Care Clinician - Located in Long Island
- Technician III - Stokol Lab
- Administrative Assistant IV – Clinical Sciences
- Research Support Specialist II - Soloway Lab
- Administrative Assistant, Cornell Program to Increase Faculty Diversity and Promote Research Excellence
- Client Service Representative - Cornell Ruffian Equine Specialists - Located in Long Island
- Licensed Veterinary Technician - Companion Animal Nursing Care
- Diagnostic Technologist I - Virology
Academic Open Positions
For a listing of open academic positions, please visit: https://apps.hr.cornell.edu/recruiting/facultycareer.cfm.
Should you have any questions related to the topics above, please contact the CVM HR office (607-253-4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org).