Vaccine technology for Riemerella anatipestifer, Escherichia coli, and Pasteurella multocida in poultry.
The disease interface between wildlife and domestic and production animal systems.
- Diplomate of American College of Veterinary Anatomic Pathologists 2016
- Residency Anatomic Cornell University, Pathology June 2015 College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, NY
- D.V.M. Veterinary Medicine Western University of Health Sciences May 2012 College of Veterinary Medicine, Pomona, CA
- B.Sci Animal Science May 2008 University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- Study abroad (Animal Science focus) Jan-May 2007 University of Western Australia Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Cornell University Duck Research Laboratory – Laboratory director 2015-present
- Cornell Wildlife Health Laboratory – Wildlife Pathologist 2015 – present
- International Duck Research Cooperative, INC - Executive Director 2016 – present
- Resident, Veterinary Anatomic Pathology Animal Health Diagnostic Center – Cornell University Ithaca, NY July 2012 – July 2015
- Participant, International. Transboundary Animal Disease Course, Plum Island Animal Disease Center, Orient Point, NY April 8-19, 2013
- Extern, CL Davis Foundation Summer Pathology Program Diag. Lab. of the Arkansas Livestock & Poultry Commission Little Rock, AR July 5-29, 2010
- Participant, Smith-Kilborne Program Cornell University, Ithaca, NY and Plum Island Animal Disease Center, Plum Island, NY June 1-8, 2010
- Summer Veterinary Histology Technician Western University of Health Sciences College of Veterinary Medicine Pomona, CA July-Aug 2009
Gavin R. Hitchener, Riemerella anatipestifer: Chapter: Merck Veterinary Manual, Online publication planed 2020
Jerry Carmen, Stallknecht David, Leyson Christina, Berghaus Roy, Jordan Brian, Pantin-Jackwood Mary, Hitchener Gavin, Franca Monique Recombinant hemagglutinin glycoproteins provide insight into binding to host cells by H5 influenza viruses in wild and domestic birds, Virology, August 2020, doi: 10.1016/j.virol.2020.08.001
Hanratty BM, Hitchener, GR, An Unusual Presentation of Salmonellosis In A Group of Young Khaki Campbell Ducklings (Anas Platyrhynchos Domesticus), ACVP Convention, December 2016, New Orleans, Louisiana, poster presentation (student section), December 2016.
- Hitchener GR, Mullen KR, Divers TJ, Duhamel GE, Acute Glomerulonephritis Associated With Administration of Bovine Hyper-Immune Serum In A 3-Month-Old Holstein Dairy Calf, ACVP Convention, November 2014, Atlanta, Georgia, poster presentation and oral presentation, November 2014.
- Hitchener GR., Buckles, EL., Schlafer DH., Spontaneous Cervical Adenocarcinoma with Metastatic Disease in an Aged Captive Mouflon Sheep (Ovis orientalis), ACVP Convention, November 2014, Atlanta, Georgia, poster presentation, November 2014.
- Hitchener GR., Caserto, BG, Multicentric Angioleiomyoma in a Young German Shepherd Dog, ACVP Convention, November 2014, Atlanta, Georgia, poster presentation and oral presentation, November 2014.
- Hitchener GR, Doss J. Gastrointestinal Pythiosis in a Boxer from South West Arkansas. ACVP Convention, October 2010, Baltimore, MD. Veterinary Student Poster #12, Conference Proceedings-ACVP Veterinary Student Posters pg.141.