George V. Kollias, DVM, PhD
Diplomate - American College of Zoological Medicine
Jay Hyman Professor Emeritus, Section of Wildlife Medicine
Department of Clinical Sciences
Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine
930 Campus Road, Box 21
Ithaca, NY 14853
Wildlife Health and Conservation, specifically Infectious Diseases, Epidemiology, Reintroduction Medicine.
- 1982 University of California at Davis, PhD
- 1974-1976 University of California at Davis, Residency in Wildlife/Zoological Medicine
- 1974 Westcott Hospital for Animals, Detroit, MI, Internship in Small Animal Practice
- 1972 University of Missouri, DVM
Awards and Honors
- 1996 American College of Zoological Medicine Manuscript Award.
- 1989-1994 Trustee and Vice President of the Wildlife Division, Morris Animal Foundation, Englewood, Colorado.
- 1993 Member of Phi Zeta for Excellence in Scholarship and Research, Cornell University.
- 1987 Member of Phi Zeta for Excellence in Scholarship and Research, University of Florida.
- 1985 Endowed Laboratory for Studies in Zoological Medicine, University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine.
- 1984 Charter Member and Diplomate, American College of Zoological Medicine.
- American Association of Wildlife Veterinarians
- American Association of Zoo Veterinarians
- American College of Zoological Medicine
- American Federation of Aviculture
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Association of Avian Veterinarians
- Association of Primate Veterinary Clinicians
- Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians
- Association of Zoological Parks and Aquariums - Professional Affiliate
- British Veterinary Zoological Society
- International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council
- National Wildlife Rehabilitation Association
- The Consortium of Aquariums, Universities, and Zoos
- Wildlife Disease Association