Manuel Martin-Flores, MV
Diplomate - American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia
Associate Professor, Section of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
Foundation Course Leader - Block V
Department of Clinical Sciences
Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine
930 Campus Road, Box 32
Ithaca, NY 14853
Education and Training
- 2004 - 2007 Cornell University, Residency in Anesthesiology
- 2002 Universidad Catolica de Cordoba, Argentina, Medico Veterinario (MV)
Dr. Martin-Flores received his doctorate in veterinary medicine from the Universidad Catolica de Cordoba, Argentina, in 2002. He worked in the private sector practicing small animal general veterinary medicine, and in academia as instructor in Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology for two years before coming to Cornell. He completed a residency in Anesthesiology at Cornell in 2007 and was then appointed as faculty in that section. Dr. Martin-Flores provides clinical anesthesia for all domestic species and is the director of the anesthesiology residency program at Cornell. His research is focused on neuromuscular function and monitoring, and cardiopulmonary function during anesthesia. Dr. Martin-Flores is a member of the American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia.
Honors and Awards
- 2018 Zoetis Award for Veterinary Research Excellence.
- 2016 SCAVMA Teaching Excellence in Clinical Sciences Award, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University.
- 2010 SCAVMA Teaching Excellence Award for Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University.
- 2008 Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Anesthesiologists.
- American College of Veterinary Anesthesiologists
New York State Veterinary Medical Society
Southern Tier Veterinary Medical Association