Michelle B. Porter, DVM
Clinical interest includes small animal general practice.
Education and Training
- 2009 University of Prince Edward Island Atlantic Veterinary College (AVC), Canada, DVM
- 2005 University of California at Santa Cruz, BS, Marine Biology
Dr. Porter, originally from California, graduated from the Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island in Canada. After graduation in 2009, she worked at a busy practice in Redding, California for a year. She moved back to Canada in 2010 where she practiced in beautiful Nova Scotia for five years before moving to Ithaca, NY in July of 2015. In August of 2018 she joined the Small Animal Community Practice team at the Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine. She lives in Ithaca with her husband, Ian, and their young twin children Cole and Carleigh, along with two cats, Marshall and Lily. In her free time, Dr. Porter enjoys traveling, photography, and hiking.
Awards and Honors
- 2005 – 2009 Dean’s Honor Roll
- 2008 Killam Properties Inc. Scholarship- for academic excellence
- 2007 Killam Properties Inc. Scholarship- for academic excellence
- 2010 – 2015 Canadian Veterinary Medical Association
- 2009 – 2010 American Veterinary Medical Association
- 2009 – 2010 Northern California Veterinary Medical Association
- 2005 – 2009 Canadian Veterinary Medical Association
- 2005 – 2009 Students of the American Veterinary Medical Association