N. Sydney Moise, DVM, MS
Diplomate - American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Specialty, Internal Medicine)
Diplomate - American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Specialty, Cardiology)
CV Starr Professor Emerita of Cardiology
Section of Cardiology
Department of Clinical Sciences
Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine
930 Campus Road, Box 34
Ithaca, NY 14853
Dr. Moise's research interest focuses on the patterning of normal and abnormal rhythms in canine and feline electrocardiography. She collaborates with both computer scientist and neuroscientist to evaluate the link of rhythm to the autonomic nervous system with data obtained from 24-hour Holter monitoring.
Education and Training
- 1985 Cornell University, MS
- 1981 Cornell University, Residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine
- 1977 Texas A&M University, DVM, cum Laude
- 1976 Texas A&M University, BS, Magna cum Laude
Dr. Moise has been involved in teaching, clinical practice, and research. Her research has centered on arrhythmias in dogs. Her research was directed toward the normal and abnormal patterning of cardiac rhythms during long-term Holter analysis. She also orchestrated collaborative studies to understand the mechanisms of degeneration of the mitral valve in dogs. She was awarded the AVMA research award for arrhythmia studies in German shepherds and the Bourgelat Award for international contribution to the clinical practice of veterinary medicine. Dr. Moïse was Editor-in Chief (5 years) and Associate Editor (2 years) of the international Journal of Veterinary Cardiology. Previously, she co-edited and authored with Dr. Philip Fox and David Sisson the textbook Canine and Feline Cardiology. In 2018 the textbook Electrocardiography of the Dog and Cat was published which she co-authored with Drs. Roberto Santilli, Romain Pariaut and Manuela Perego. She also authored the book Heartbeats…Over Time (Long-term Electrocardiographic Monitoring in the Dog and Cat). She has been extensively involved in the international aspects of academic veterinary cardiology including speaking and training.
Heartbeats…Over Time (Long-term Electrocardiographic Monitoring in the Dog and Cat, NS Moïse. 2020.
Electrocardiography of the dog and cat, R Santilli, NS Moïse, R Pariaut, M Perego. 2018.
Canine and Feline Cardiology, PR Fox, D Sisson, NS Moïse. 1999.
Honors and Awards
- 2019 First CV Starr Professor of Cardiology, Cornell University
- 2019 Outstanding Alumni Award, Texas A&M University
- 2017 New York State Veterinary Continuing Educator
- 2013-14 Associate Editor, Journal of Veterinary Cardiology
- 2007-12 Editor-in-Chief Journal of Veterinary Cardiology
- 2011 Bourgelat Award presented by the British Veterinary Medical Association
- 2005-06 Associate Editor, Journal of Veterinary Cardiology
- 2002 Buchanan Lecture Award
- 1999 American Veterinary Medical Association with AKC Research Award
- 1986 Norden Distinguished Teaching Award
- 1986 Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Specialty Cardiology
- 1982 Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Specialty Internal Medicine
1977 American Animal Hospital Outstanding Senior Student
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Cardiac Electrophysiology Society
- European Society of Veterinary Medicine
- Heart Rhythm Society
- International Veterinary Editors Association