College sustainability initiative to host open forum
Last month, the college called for volunteers to join the Green Team, a sustainability group that will work to implement concrete changes to improve the College of Veterinary Medicine’s carbon footprint. The Green Team is now hosting an open forum and invites members of the community to come and express their ideas about making the college more sustainable.
Green Team Open Forum
Thursday, April 12
Green Room next to cafe
Questions or comments? Contact Taylor Thompson at email@example.com.
Primer on recycling bin use
Not sure what is recyclable? Here’s a quick cheat sheet. Remember to always empty the contents of what you’re throwing out.
Blue recycling bins
- Cardboard: Cereal boxes, egg cartons, paper towel cores, milk and soy cartons, pizza boxes
- Paper: Newspapers, envelopes, books, brown bags, telephone books, spiral notebooks, magazines
- Plastic: Water bottles, soda bottles, shampoo and detergent bottles, milk jugs
- Cans: Aluminum, tin, steel, aluminum foil, plates, soda cans
- Glass bottles and containers
Do not recycle in this bin: Window glass, mirrors, light bulbs, Pyrex, ceramics, foam packaging, Styrofoam, pots and pans, food waste, paint or oils, or hazardous material
- Food scraps only!
- Items such as coffee grounds and tea bags, eggs and dairy, fruits and vegetables, meat and bones, paper napkins, towels