CUHA Telemedicine Information
The Cornell University Hospital for Animals has expanded remote care capabilities for select aspects of our practice through telemedicine consults.
Important to know
- Emergency care cannot be performed using telemedicine, for emergencies call 607.253.3060 right away.
- Response time will be within 48 hours Monday through Friday.
- Telemedicine appointments will be available 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday only.
- Televet is the cloud-based program that connects you to Cornell veterinarians. You will not be talking to a third-party veterinarian. Consults are available for dermatology, nutrition and behavior. Additional hospital departments may also offer Televet consults at their discretion.
- The Telemedicine Service offers consultation at a maximum fee of $250 for 30 minutes or $125 for every 15 minutes.
- A clinician will reach out to schedule a consult in 1-2 business days once the consult request is received through TeleVet.
Signing up with TeleVet
- Copy and paste https://pets.televet.com/register into your browser URL or click here to create a new account.
- Enter "Cornell University Hospital for Animals" in the “Veterinary Practice Name” field (not your primary care veterinarian).
- Once you have filled in your pet’s information (age, breed, etc.) click “New Consultation” in the upper right-hand corner. You will be prompted to enter your payment information. You MUST do this to attend your virtual consultation appointment.