Human Resources Update: February 2018
Performance Dialogue Process Kicked Off!
Performance Dialogues provide an opportunity to…….
- Review job description
- Ensure job responsibilities relevant and connect to department, college, and institutional goals
- Identify areas of strength and discuss how to leverage them
- Identify skills that need improvement and how to develop them
- Identify barriers to performance
- Clarify expectations, both technical and behavioral
- Increase accountability for both employees and supervisors
- Discuss career aspirations and development opportunities
Employees, you may go into your Workday Inbox to complete your self-evaluation. Tool for you: Guiding you through the Performance Dialogue Process in Workday (tutorial for all)
For many, both giving and receiving feedback can be difficult and the process can cause a fair amount of anxiety. There are several tutorials available through SkillSoft to assist you with this process.
- Log into Cornell’s Enterprise account:https://it.cornell.edu/skillsoft#skillsims
Search on “giving receiving feedback” for options.
Inclusive Excellence Academy
With a focus on the development of multicultural fluency, Cornell University’s Inclusive Excellence Academy, launched in August 2013, offers programs designed to advance an inclusive educational environment and workplace. Specific workshops, prioritized based on the university’s needs, are offered each year. Cornell University’s Inclusive Excellence Academy offers programs and expertise designed to develop an inclusive educational environment and workplace. Our programs incorporate interactive theater and experienced speakers that engage audiences, open eyes, and change minds. Courses focus on the development of multicultural fluency and strategies for advancing inclusive educational and workplace environments. Each year, specific workshops or courses are offered to support university initiatives and programs.
Topics addressed by programs include:
- Unconscious bias
- Disability inclusiveness
- Veterans in the workforce
- Workplace bullying
- LGBTQ+ Inclusion
Spring 2018 Sessions
Ally Development: Moving from Awareness to Action
February 28, 2018
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Unpacking Mental Health in the Workplace
March 21, 2018
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Current Nonacademic Open Positions
The list below is dynamic and updated regularly. For additional information, please visit the Cornell Careers Page at https://hr.cornell.edu/jobs.
- Assistant Dean for Alumni Affairs & Development - College of Veterinary Medicine
- Technician - BioBank
- Bioinformatics Analyst
- Instructional Designer
- Veterinary Imaging Technician
- Client Services Representative
- Licensed Veterinary Technician - Ruffian Hospital, Elmont, NY
- Licensed Veterinary Technician - Nursing Care
Medical Technologist Asst. / Medical Technologist I
Academic Open Positions
For a listing of open academic positions, please visit: https://apps.hr.cornell.edu/recruiting/facultycareer.cfm.
Should you have any questions related to the topics above, please contact the CVM HR office (607-253-4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org).