College community members win SUNY Chancellor's Awards
Sixteen faculty and professional staff members in four of Cornell’s state contract colleges have been selected for the 2021-22 State University of New York (SUNY) Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence. This year, all nominees put forth by Cornell won awards.
The honor recognizes faculty and staff at SUNY colleges who demonstrate a commitment to intellectual vibrancy, advancing the boundaries of knowledge, providing the highest quality of instruction and serving the public good.
Four faculty and staff of the College of Veterinary Medicine earned awards this year.
- Marnie FitzMaurice, senior lecturer, Department of Biomedical Sciences: SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Yrjö Gröhn, the James Law Professor of Epidemiology, Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences: SUNY Chancellor's Award for Scholarship and Creative Activities
- Gillian Perkins, clinical professor, Department of Clinical Sciences, associate director of the Cornell University Hospital for Animals: SUNY Chancellor's Award for Faculty Service
- Scott Ross, M.I.L.R. ’13, assistant director of application development and integration: SUNY Chancellor's Award for Professional Service
Additionally, one student earned the state-wide honor.
- Jayden Robert, D.V.M. '22: SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence
Read the full version of this story on the Cornell Chronicle website.