I attended Middlebury College, where I earned a degree in physics in 2008, and went on to study dairy production medicine at Cornell University graduating as a D.V.M. in 2012. I am interested in data-based decision-making and dairy management strategies for achieving animal health, productivity, and profitability goals.
In my new position at Cornell, I intend to help continue the trajectory of the dairy programs in both the College of Veterinary Medicine and the Department of Animal Science to be centers for discipline-leading dairy education and innovation.
My other hobbies include fishing and skiing. I enjoy most other outdoor activities, good food, and good conversations.
- 2008-2012 Cornell University, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- 2004-2008 Middlebury College, Bachelor of Arts; Major: Physics
- 2016-Present Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine Director of the Teaching Dairy/Lecturer Department of Animal Science
- 2012-2016 Northwest Veterinary Associates Inc. Saint Albans, VT – Dairy Veterinarian
Awards and Honors
- 2012-2014 Vermont Food Animal Veterinary Educational Loan Repayment Program Award
- May 2012 Francis H. Fox Scholarship
- 2010-2012 AVMF Pfizer Animal Health Veterinary Scholarship
- May 2011 John F. Cummings Memorial Award
- 2008-2012 Dutchess County Dairy Committee’s Dairy Scholarship
- 2009-2010 NYSVMS Auxiliary Scholarship
- American Association of Bovine Practitioners
- Northeast Dairy Production Medicine Symposium