Major Projects: (click on each title for more information)
- Regional and cellular significance of the brain renin-angiotensin system (RAS) in hypertension.
- Oxidant mechanisms in central neural control of blood pressure.
- Hypertension and prostanoid signaling in the subfornical organ of the brain.
- Role of redox-mediated activation of NFkB and AP-1 in neurogenic hypertension.
- Oxidative stress-induced neuro-cardiovascular dysfunction in myocardial infarction-induced heart failure.
- Molecular pathogenesis of preeclampsia.
- Role of reactive oxygen species in the regenerative capacity of c-Kit+ cardiac precursor cells.