Unique Molecular, Physiologic and Imaging Tools Used in Our Research: (click on each title for more information)
- Targeted viral delivery of genes to specific cardiovascular circuits in mouse brain.
- Conditional gene deletion in specific neural axes using the Cre-loxP system.
- RNA interference strategies for localized gene silencing in cardiovascular tissues in vivo.
- Gene and miRNA arrays.
- Multiple genetic and experimental murine models of cardiovascular disease.
- Longitudinal non-invasive measurements of blood pressure, autonomic function and baroreflex in mice using radiotelemetry.
- High-frequency ultrasound measurement of heart function and fetoplacental status using Vevo 770.
- In vivo bioluminescence imaging.