Charley Willison, PhD
Department of Public & Ecosystem Health
Department of Public & Ecosystem Health
Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine
Ithaca, NY 14853
- Ph.D., 2019, University of Michigan School of Public Health
- MPH/MA 2013, Case Western Reserve University of Medicine
- B.S., 2010, Michigan State University
- 2021 - present, Assistant Professor, Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine
- 2019 - 2021, National Institutes of Mental Health Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard Department of Health Care Policy
- 2018 - 2019, Research Assistant, University of Michigan Tobacco Research Network
- 2014-2016, Research Assistant, Healthy Michigan Plan Evaluation for State of Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Institute for Health Policy Innovation
- Charley Willison. Ungoverned and Out of Sight: Public Health and the Political Crisis of Homelessness in the United States. (Forthcoming, Oxford University Press, 2021).
- Michael Rozier, Charley Willison, Renee Anspach, Joel Howell, Scott Greer. Paradoxes of professional autonomy: a qualitative study of U.S. neonatologists from 1978-2017. Sociology of Health and Illness. DOI:10.1111/1467-9566.13169
- Phillip Singer, Charley Willison, Scott Greer. Infectious disease, public health, and politics: United States response to Ebola and Zika. Journal of Public Health Policy. 2020. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1057/s41271-020-00243-0
- Denise Lillvis, Charley Willison, Ekaterina Noyes. Normalizing Inconvenience to Promote Childhood Vaccination: A Qualitative Implementation Evaluation of a Novel Michigan Program. BMC Health Services Research. 2020; 20. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-020-05550-6
- Progovac, Ana; Cortés, Dharma; Chambers, Valeria; Adams, Leslie; Jean-Claude, Soso; Willison, Charley; Flores, Michael; Creedon, Timothy; Cook, Benjamin. Addressing Major Health Disparities Related to Coronavirus for People with Behavioral Health Conditions Requires Strengths-Based Capacity Building and Intentional Community Partnership. World Medical & Health Policy. 2020. DOI: 10.1002/wmh3.364
- Charley Willison, Phillip Singer, Kyle Grazier. Double Edged Sword of Federalism: Variations in Coverage of Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Care Under Essential Health Benefits Benchmark Plans. Health Economics, Policy and Law. January 6, 2020. DOI: 10.1017/S1744133119000306
- Charley Willison, Phillip Singer, Melissa Creary, Scott Greer. Quantifying inequities in US federal response to hurricane disaster in Texas and Florida compared to Puerto Rico. British Medical Journal Global Health. 2019; 4(1).
- Phillip Singer, Charley Willison. Medicaid Waivers: Public Health Consequences Under the Trump Administration. American Journal of Public Health. 2019; 109(6).
- Charley Willison. Shelter from the Storm: Roles, responsibilities and challenges in US housing governance. Health Policy. 2017;121. 1113-1123.
- Charley Willison, Phillip Singer. Repealing the Affordable Care Act Essential Health Benefits: Threats and Obstacles. American Journal of Public Health. 2017;107(8).
- Charley Willison. Review of: Planet Homeless: Governance Arrangements in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, and Glasgow. Political Studies Review. 2017;15(3).
- Charley Willison, Amanda Mauri. (Under Contract). Homelessness in OECD Nations: Policies and Politics. Oxford Research Encyclopedia: Public Health: Urban Health.
- Phillip Singer, Charley Willison. Populism and Health Policy in the Trump Era. In: The Populist Radical Right and why we should be worried about health. (Forthcoming, Springer, 2021).
- Scott Greer, Charley Willison, Phillip Singer, N’dea Moore Petinak. The Politics of the U.S. Failed Response to Coronavirus. In: Coronavirus Politics. (Forthcoming, University of Michigan Press, 2021).
- Charley Willison, Iris Holmes. Isolated Coronavirus Plans and Policies Create Perverse Incentives for Disaster Preparedness. Milbank Quarterly Opinion. 2020; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1599/mqop.2020.0730
- Greer, Scott L, Phillip M. Singer, Charley Willison, Melissa S. Creary. Democracy is a public health policy: Puerto Rico and the response to Hurricane Maria. The British Medical Journal Blog. (2019). April 4.
- Charley Willison, Local Supportive Housing Policy by Continuum of Care, Harvard Dataverse, V1. (2020).
- Charley Willison, Iris A. Holmes, Holly Jarman. We are failing to plan for overlapping disasters -and they are already here. (2020). HMP Governance Lab. August.
- Charley Willison. Covid-19: Homelessness. (2020). Research to Policy Collaboration. Pennsylvania State University. April.
- Jarman, Holly, David Mendez, Rafael Meza, Alex Libera, Karalyn Kiessling, Charley Willison, Sarah Wang, Megan Roberts, Elizabeth Klein, Tammy Chang, Leia Gu, Cliff Douglas. Tobacco 21 in Michigan: New Evidence and Policy Considerations. (2019). University of Michigan Institute for Healthcare Policy and Innovation.
- Liber, Alex and Charley Willison. Effects of E-Cigarette Taxes and Marijuana Legalization on Youth Uptake: A Research Roundup for MDHHS. (2018). Smoke-Free Environments Law Project University of Michigan Tobacco Research Network.
- Grazier, Kyle, and Charley Willison. Section 105d (9): Insurance Premium Rates. (2016). The Healthy Michigan Plan Baseline Reports on Uncompensated Care & Insurance Rates PA 107 §105(d)(8-9). University of Michigan Institute for Healthcare Policy and Innovation.
- Ayanian, John, Tom Buchmueller, Kyle Grazier, Helen Levy, Sayeh Nikpay, Erica Solway and Charley Willison. (2015). The Healthy Michigan Plan Baseline Reports on Uncompensated Care & Insurance Rates PA 107 §105(d)(8-9). University of Michigan Institute for Healthcare Policy and Innovation.
- Ayanian, John, Tom Buchmueller, Kyle Grazier, Helen Levy, Allison Marlatt, Sayeh Nikpay, and Charley Willison. (2014). The Healthy Michigan Plan Baseline Reports on Uncompensated Care & Insurance Rates PA 107 §105(d)(8-9). University of Michigan Institute for Healthcare Policy and Innovation.