Gillian A. Perkins, DVM
Diplomate - American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Senior Lecturer, Section of Large Animal Medicine
Associate Director of the Cornell University Hospital for Animals
Medical Director, Specialties IV
Director of Biosecurity, Cornell University Hospital for Animals
Department of Clinical Sciences
Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine
930 Campus Rd., Box 25
Ithaca, NY 14853
Dr. Perkins research and clinical interests include equine infectious diseases in particular Equine Herpes Virus-1 and Salmonellosis, along with an interest in veterinary public health (with an emphasis on infection control in the Cornell University Hospital for Animals).
Leader of the Infection Control Committee of the Cornell University Equine and Nemo Farm Animal Hospital.
Education and Training
- 1996 - 1998 Cornell University, Residency in Large Animal Medicine
- 1995 - 1996 University of Minnesota, Internship in Large Animal Medicine
- 1995 University of Prince Edward Island, DVM
Please select the PubMed link for a list of Dr. Perkins' publications.
Awards and Honors
- 2004 Phi Zeta Alpha National Honor Society of Veterinary Medicine
- 2002 - 2004 Exceptional Merit Award, Cornell University Department of Clinical Sciences
- 2000 Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- 1991 Veronica Aloyse Corbett Memorial Scholarship
- AAEP Biosecurity Subject Matter Resource Team
- American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
American Veterinary Medical Association
Genesee Valley Breeders Association, Inc.
Veterinary Management Group - 20