Lisa Kelly, DVM, PhD, DACVP
UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA - Athens, Georgia 2013-2016
Clinical Pathology Resident
UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA - Athens, Georgia 2008
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine - Summa Cum Laude
GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – Atlanta, Georgia 1998
Doctor of Philosophy, Biology
UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA - Athens, Georgia 1993
Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry – Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
DIPLOMATE, AMERICAN COLLEGE OF VETERINARY PATHOLOGISTS (CLINICAL PATHOLOGY) 2016
MONROE ANIMAL CARE HOSPITAL – Monroe, Georgia 2008 - 2013
HOPKINS BELIZE HUMANE SOCIETY – Hopkins Bay, Belize Fall 2009, 2010 & 2011
UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA – Athens, Georgia 2000-2003
Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION – Atlanta, Georgia 1998 – 2000
Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Hepatitis Branch
- Clarke, L.L., L.S. Kelly, B.C. Garner , C.A. Brown. 2017. Atypical cytologic presentation and distribution of a histiocytic sarcoma in a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. J Vet Diagn Invest. 29(4):541-543.
- Sladakovic, I., A. Burnum, U.Blas-Machado, L.S. Kelly, B. Garner, S. Holmes, S.J. Divers. 2016. Mandibular squamous cell carcinoma in a bobcat. J. Zoo Wildl. Med. 47:370-3.
- Kelly, L.S., S. Birken, D. Puett. 2007. Determination of hyperglycosylated human chorionic gonadotropin produced by malignant gestational trophoblastic neoplasias and male germ cell tumors using a lectin-based immunoassay and surface plasmon resonance. Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 260-262:33-9.
- Kelly, L.S., M. Kozak. T. Walker, M. Pierce, D. Puett. 2005. Lectin immunoassays using antibody fragments to detect glycoforms of human chorionic gonadotropin secreted by choriocarcinoma cells. Anal Biochem. 338:253-62.
- Kelly, L.S. 2002. Synthetic DNA used in amplification reactions. pp. 115-160. In Y.E. Khudyakov and H.A. Fields (Eds.), Artificial DNA: Methods and Applications. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
- Ting, J., L.S. Kelly, T.W. Snell. 2000. Identification of age, sex, and species-specific proteins on the surface of the Harpacticoid copepod Tigriopus japonicus. Mar. Biol., 137: 31-37
- Kelly, L.S. 1998. Chemical communication during mate recognition in the harpacticoid copepod Tigriopus japonicus. Doctoral Dissertation, School of Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology, 110 pp.
- Kelly, L.S., T.W. Snell, D. J. Lonsdale. 1998. Chemical communication during mating of the Harpacticoid copepod Tigriopus japonicus. Phil. Trans. Royal Soc. Lond B 353: 737-744.
- Kelly, L.S. and T.W. Snell. 1998. The role of surface glycoproteins in mate guarding in the marine harpacticoid Tigriopus japonicus. Mar. Biol. 130: 605-612.
- Snell, T.W., R. Rico-Martinez, L.N. Kelly, T.E. Battle. 1995. Identification of a sex pheromone from a rotifer. Mar. Biol. 123: 347-353.
Awards and Honors
- 2016: Morrow B. Thompson Award for Excellence in Clinical Pathology
- 2015: C.L. Davis Foundation Student Scholarship
- 2008: Certificate of Proficiency in Anatomic Pathology
- 2008: American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) Student Achievement Award for proficiency in small animal medicine and surgery
- 2005-2008: James Cowan & Marjorie Schear Waggoner Distinguished Scholarship
- 2007: Phi Zeta Honor Society
- 2007: Georgia Rotaract Club Service Award for the College of Veterinary Medicine
- 2007: Salsbury Foundation Scholarship for academic achievement and leadership potential
- 2007: Program for Excellence in Science, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- 2003: Poster Award, 11th Annual Georgia Cancer Coalition Spring Symposium
- 1998: Graduate Student of the Year, School of Biology, College of Sciences
- 1997-1998: Graduate Assistants in Areas of National Need (GAANN) Fellowship
- 1994-1997: National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- 1993-1997: Georgia Institute of Technology Presidential Fellowship
- American College of Veterinary Pathologists 2017-present
- American Society for Veterinary Clinical Pathology 2013- present
- American Veterinary Medical Association 2008 - present
- Georgia Veterinary Medical Association 2008 - present