Robert Gilbert, BVSc, MMedVet, MRCVS
Theriogenology, with emphasis on production animals. Postpartum conditions of dairy cows. Uterine disorders of dairy cows, in particular subclinical endometritis. Interaction of nutrition and fertility. Comparative pathogenesis of trichomoniasis in cattle and in people.
Education and Training
- 1985 University of Pretoria, South Africa, M.Med.Vet.
- 1977 University of Pretoria, South Africa, B.B.Sc.
Awards and Honors
- 2010-2011 Distinguished Academic Visitor, Queens’ College, University of Cambridge
- 2010-2011 Parke-Davis Visiting Fellow, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge
- 2010 D.L.T. Smith Visiting Scientist, University of Saskatchewan
- 2010 Pfizer Distinguished Teacher, Cornell University
- 2000 National Academies of Practice, Distinguished Practitioner in Veterinary Medicine
- 1986 Diplomate, American College of Theriogenologists
- 2008 – present Society for the Study of Reproduction
- 2006 – present Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council (foundation member)
- 2005 – present Conference of Research Workers in Animal Disease
- 2000 – present National Academies of Practice (Veterinary Medicine)
- 1998 – present American Association of Bovine Practitioners
- 1998 – present American Association of Veterinary Clinicians
1997 – present International Embryo Transfer Society
1992 – present American Veterinary Medical Association
1989 – present New York State Veterinary Medical Society
1986 – present American College of Theriogenologists
1984 – present Society for Theriogenology