Soon Hon Cheong, DVM, PhD
Diplomate - American College of Theriogenologists
Assistant Professor, Section of Reproductive Medicine (Theriogenology)
Department of Clinical Sciences
Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine
930 Campus Road, Box 34
Ithaca, NY 14853
Education and Training
- 2012 Cornell University, Comparative Biomedical Sciences, PhD
- 2006-2008 Cornell University, Residency in Theriogenology
- 2004-2006 Cornell University, Residency in Ambulatory
- 2003-2004 Cornell University, Internship in Ambulatory
- 2003 Universiti Putra Malaysia, DVM
Dr. Cheong received his DVM from the Universiti Putra Malaysia in 2003. He completed two-year residencies at the Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine in Ambulatory and Theriogenology. Upon completion of his PhD in Comparative Biomedical Sciences in 2012, he was appointed Assistant Professor of Reproductive Medicine in Cornell’s Department of Clinical Sciences and has been the Chief of the Section of Theriogenology since 2014.
Dr. Cheong's research interests include postpartum ovarian and uterine health, epidemiology, regenerative medicine, microfluidics, and assisted reproductive techniques. He is also active in the reproduction program and services provided through the Equine Park and Cornell University Hospital for Animals.
Dr. Cheong is a Diplomate of the American College of Theriogenologists.
- Diplomate, American College of Theriogenologists
Society for Theriogenology
American Veterinary Medical Association
American Society for Reproductive Medicine
Society for the Study of Reproduction