The deadline for the Early Application and all supporting documents (official college transcripts, letters of evaluation) is June 1, 2023 for Fall entrance into the Class of 2028 (application available March 1, 2023).
How does it work?
The Early Acceptance Pathway gives exceptionally well-qualified applicants the opportunity to apply to veterinary school after their sophomore year. This pathway is unique because it is based not only on academic criteria, but also a written plan for the junior year prior to entering the DVM curriculum. Examples of how the time may be spent include study in challenging courses in diverse areas of interest, initiation or completion of a research project, or time spent in a unique life experience. If the goal is to take additional pre-vet course work and/or gain additional veterinary experience, applying in the regular cycle is a better choice. Accepted students enter the DVM program after the completion of their junior year.
Admission is based on outstanding academic performance in the first two years of college and the applicant's plan for their intended use of the third year in college. Completion of a baccalaureate degree prior to matriculation is not required.
Applications for the Early Acceptance Pathway should not be sent through VMCAS. Send or email (preferred) the application directly to Cornell DVM Admissions.
- 3.7 GPA;
- Completed one semester of organic chemistry and one semester of upper-level biology, biochemistry, or physics course at time of application;
- Complete all prerequisite course work by the end of the junior year with a grade of B or better;
- Written plan describing how the time between acceptance and matriculation will be used.
- March 1st - Application Opens
- June 1st - Application Deadline
- July 1st - Decisions