Apply for Aid
Financial assistance is provided by the Office of Student Financial Planning through a variety of sources. In order to be considered for grants, scholarships and loans, students must submit the following:
- FAFSA (school code: 002711) with IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- Please note: to be considered for gift aid, parental data is required on the FAFSA
- CSS PROFILE (school code: 2822) new students only
- Aid Selection (Gift Aid & Loans, Loans Only, Not Applying)
- Survey and Student Statement of Personal Interests (if applicable)
- Submit required documents to our office (required documents are listed on the Financial Aid Dashboard)
- Non-tax filers must provide a Verification of Non-filing Letter from the IRS
We would like everyone to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when completing the FAFSA in lieu of sending taxes and W2s to our office. If you are not able to use the IRS DRT, you can submit an official IRS Tax Return Transcript.
The CSS Profile is no longer required for most returning students. If you have had a significant change in financial circumstances or are a first time financial aid applicant, you may be requested to submit one at a later date.
* We want you to have all the information you need before making the choice to attend Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. Meeting the application deadline will ensure that your financial aid is available prior to the decision deadline. You can still apply after the deadline but may receive a delayed financial aid award offer as a result.