Alyssa Chandler, DVM, DACVIM
Dr. Chandler’s general research interests include infectious and immune-mediated disease, gastrointestinal disease, and renal disease.
Education and Training
- Cornell University, Residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine
- North Carolina State University, Small Animal Rotating Internship
- Cornell University, DVM
- Saint Anselm College, BA (Natural Sciences)
- Chandler AM, Center SA, Randolph JF, Davignon DL, McDonogh SP, Warner KW. Reference Limits for Hepatic Bile Duct-to-Arteriole and Bile Duct-to-Portal Tract Ratios in Healthy Cats. American Journal of Veterinary Research 2018; 80(1):15-23.
- Midence JN, Leutenegger CM, Chandler AM, Goldstein RE. Effects of Recent Leptospira Vaccination on Whole Blood Real-Time PCR Testing in Healthy Client-Owned Dogs. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2012; 26:149-152.
- Makvandi-Nejad S, Hoffman GE, Allen JJ, Chu E, Gu E, Chandler AM, Loredo AI, Bellone RR, Brooks SA, Sutter NB. Four Loci Explain 83% of Size Variation in the Horse. PLoS ONE 2012; 7(7): e39929.
- Goldstein RD, Chandler AM, Paul DF, Peters RM. Feline Hyperoxaluria-Genetics, Biochemical, Clinical, and Histopathological Manifestations. Abstract. 2010 ACVIM Conference, Anaheim, CA.
- Craven M, Dogan B, Schukken A, Volkman M, Chandler AM, McDonough PL, Simpson KW. Antimicrobial Resistance Impacts Clinical Outcome of Granulomatous Colitis in Boxer Dogs. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2010; 24:819-824.
- Sheldon M, Rycroft AN, Price SB, Craven M, Dogan B, Chandler AM, Gilbert RO, Simpson KW. Specific Strains of Escherichia coli are Pathogenic for the Endometrium of Cattle and Cause Pelvic Inflammatory Disease in Cattle and Mice. PLoS One 2010; 5(2): e9192.
Awards and Honors
- Chief Resident, Companion Animal Services, Cornell University, 2018
- Outstanding Small Animal Intern Award (Awarded by CVM Faculty), NCSU, 2015
- Best Small Animal Intern (Awarded by CVM Class of 2015), NCSU, 2015
- Small Animal Internal Medicine Award, Cornell University, 2014
- Mary Louise Parker Award for Excellence in Microbiology, Cornell University, 2014
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association