Daniel Fletcher, PhD, DVM, DACVECC
Diplomate - American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
Associate Professor, Section of Emergency and Critical Care
Chair of the Educational Technology Steering Committee
Tetlow & Roy Park Veterinary Innovation Laboratory
Department of Clinical Sciences
Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine
930 Campus Road, Box 31
Ithaca, NY 14853
Dr. Fletcher's research interests include high fidelity medical simulation for veterinary training; novel diagnostic markers and therapeutic targets for patients in shock; non-invasive measures of cardiac output and oxygen delivery; diagnosis and treatment of disordered fibrinolysis; biochemical prognostic and diagnostic indicators and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Education and Training
- 2006 University of Pennsylvania, Residency in Emergency and Critical Care Medicine
- 2003 University of Pennsylvania, Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
- 2002 University of California at Davis, DVM
- 1994 University of California at San Francisco and Berkeley, PhD in Bioengineering
- 1989 Drexel University, BS (cum laude) in Electrical Engineering
Patent: Fletcher DJ, Machine and Method For The Determination Of Nervous-System-Generator Parameters Using Lead Fields, U.S. Patent Number 5,701,909; December 30, 1997.
Awards and Honors
- 2016 University of Melbourne Visiting Scholar of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine.
- 2015 Department of Clinical Sciences Innovative Teaching Award.
- 2013 State University of New York Chancellor’s Award for Teaching Excellence. Department of Clinical Sciences Innovation in Teaching Award.
- 2012 New York State Veterinary Conference Speaker of the Year Award.
- 2011 Cornell Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association, Teaching Excellence Award for Clinical Sciences.
- 2008 Carl Norden – Pfizer Distinguished Teacher Award.
- 2006 Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- 2003 Jules and Lucy Silver Animal Bedside Manner Award: Matthew J. Ryan Veterinary Hospital, University of Pennsylvania.
- 2012 – present Evidence-Based Veterinary Medicine Association
- 2010 – present Association for Medical Education in Europe
- 2010 – present Team-Based Learning Collaborative
- 2009 – present Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- 2006 – present American College of Veterinary Emergency Critical Care
- 2006 – present New York State Veterinary Medical Society
- 2006 – present Society for Critical Care Medicine
- 2006 – present Southern Tier Veterinary Medical Association
- 2002 – present Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- 1998 – present American Veterinary Medical Association