Luis Henrique Aguiar, VMD
- Assisted reproductive technologies in domestic and non-domestic species
- Molecular Biology
- Reproductive Biology
- Zoology and Wildlife Conservation
Education and Training
- 2018-2021, Louisiana State University, Theriogenology Residency/Master's Degree in Veterinary Clinical Sciences
- 2013-2017, RENORBIO, Ceará State University (UECE), Brazil, PhD in Livestock and Agriculture Biotechnology
- 2006-2011, Santa Catarina State University, Brazil, VMD
Awards and Honors
- 2016: 2nd place at the student competition at the 30th Brazilian Embryo Technology Society (SBTE) meeting (applied area). Title: Quality assessment of goat oocytes and effects on goat cloning efficiency after in vivo or in vitro maturation.
- 2015 – Training course fellowship award - Advances in the Generation of Genetically Modified Animals Models. Pasteur Institute, Montevideo, Uruguay.
- 2013 - Graduate Research Scholarship – Ceará State Research Foundation - Conceptus abnormalities and strategies to deliver nucleic acids into embryos for the epigenetic modulation of bovine somatic nuclei for cloning by nuclear transfer, University of Fortaleza-UNIFOR, Brazil.
- 2010 - Student Research Assistantship – Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) influence on cryopreserved bovine IVP embryos, UDESC, Brazil.
- 2009 - Student Research Assistantship – Development of cryopreserved swine oocytes used in SCNT and IVF procedures, UDESC, Brazil.
- Diplomate of the American College of Theriogenologists, 2020
- Society for Theriogenology
- American College of Theriogenologists
- International Embryo Technology Society