Santiago Peralta, DVM, DAVDC
Diplomate - American Veterinary Dental College
Assistant Professor, Section of Dentistry and Oral Surgery
Department of Clinical Sciences
Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine
930 Campus Road, Box 31
Ithaca, NY 14853
Dr. Peralta's research interests include:
- The use of molecular techniques to study microbial pathogenesis of dental diseases in dogs and cats.
- Molecular mechanisms of tumorigenesis of oral tumors in small animals.
- Clinical, surgical, epidemiological and genetic aspects of palatal defects in dogs.
Dr. Peralta's teaching emphasis is on diagnostic and therapeutic principles of dental, oral and maxillofacial diseases of small animals.
Education and Training
- 2009 University of California Davis, Residency in Dentistry and Oral Surgery
- 1999 Universidad de la Salle, Colombia, DVM
Honors and Awards
- 2018 Foundation for Veterinary Dentistry, Research Award
- 2018 Jaguar Award for Excellence in Teaching and Research of Companion or Wild Animal Odontology
- 2016 Foundation for Veterinary Dentistry, Research Award
- 2012 Academy of Veterinary Dentistry, Research Award
- Diplomate, American Veterinary Dental College
- Founding Fellow, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (AVDC)
- AOVET Faculty
- Associate Editor, Frontiers in Veterinary Science
- Member, New York State Veterinary Medical Society