Santiago Peralta, DVM, DAVDC
Diplomate - American Veterinary Dental College
Assistant Professor, Section of Dentistry and Oral Surgery
Department of Clinical Sciences
Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine
930 Campus Road, Box 31
Ithaca, NY 14853
Dr. Peralta's research interests include:
- The use of molecular techniques to study microbial pathogenesis of dental diseases in dogs and cats.
- Molecular mechanisms of tumorigenesis of canine acanthomatous ameloblastoma.
- Morphological, clinical and surgical aspect of congenital palatal defect in dogs.
Dr. Peralta's teaching emphasis is on diagnostic and therapeutic principles of dental, oral and maxillofacial disease of small animals.
Education and Training
- 2009 University of California Davis, Residency in Dentistry and Oral Surgery
- 1999 Universidad de la Salle, Colombia, DVM
Honors and Awards
- 2012 Diplomate, American Veterinary Dental College
2012 Research Award, Academy of Veterinary Dentistry
- American Veterinary Dental College
Consejo Profesional de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia de Colombia
New York State Veterinary Medical Society