For several years, the CVM wellbeing team has facilitated events for the college community. From wellbeing concerns around burnout, imposter syndrome, to financial literacy and cultural awareness, the events have run the gamut of topic and audience. We hope you find the archive below useful.
Have a suggestion for an event? Let the CVM Wellbeing Committee know at CVMWellbeing@cornell.edu.
List of recordings and webinars
- "CVM Mental Health Review Presentation." Presented by the Executive Accountability Committee, Cornell University. May 2021.
- "You Can’t Give What You Don’t Have: Caretaker Fatigue, Burnout and Rituals for Recovery." Presented by Jason Stark of Cornell's Faculty and Staff Assistance Program as part of CVM's Wellbeing Week. April 2021.
- "Anxiety Among Millennials and How Generational Differences Impact Wellbeing." Presented by Bethany Colaprete, director of counseling and the wellness center at Washington State University's College of Veterinary Medicine, as part of CVM's Wellbeing Week. April 2021.
- "Just Keep Swimming: Tips For Staying Afloat." Presented by Danielle Alleman, D.V.M. '17, as part of CVM's Wellbeing Week. April 2021.
- "Culture Change and Wellbeing in Veterinary Medicine." Presented by Makenzie Peterson, director for wellbeing at the AAVMC, as part of CVM's Wellbeing Week. April 2021.
- "A Deep Dive Into Practicing Empathetic Listening Skills." Presented by Cornell's Empathy, Assistance and Referral Service as part of CVM's Wellbeing Week. April 2021.
- "Can You Hear Me Now?" Presented by Cornell's Empathy, Assistance and Referral Service as part of CVM's Wellbeing Week. April 2021.
- "The Benefits of Time in Nature: Get Some Nature for a Better You." Presented by Dr. Amie Patchen. April 2020.
- "Mindfulness Meditation: The Benefits and How-To." Presented by Catherine Thrasher-Carroll, Skorton Center for Health Initiatives. February 2020.
- "Aligning Thought, Action and Intent: The Recipe for Success" Presented by Janis Whitlock, The Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research. January 2020.
- "When and How You Can Say No." Presented by Janna Lamey, MSEd, Assistant Dean for Graduate Student Life. December 2019.
- "Compassion Fatigue and Burnout." Presented by Makenzie Peterson, MSc, Wellbeing Program Director. November 2019.
- "Motivation: Failure as the Foundation for Success." Presented by Travis Winter, LCSW-R. October 2019.
- "Stress From a Contextual Perspective: Making Meaning Out of Coping." Presented by Lavanya Devdas, PhD, MSW. September 2019.