Pre-vet Presentations & Tours
These two-hour programs are open to all who are interested in a veterinary medicine career. They include an admissions presentation by the Director of Admissions and a student-guided tour of the College. Guests of pre-vet students are also welcome to attend the Presentations and participate on the Tours.
- Presentation: includes information about the DVM curriculum, how to prepare to (one day) apply, the application process, ways to strengthen an application, careers in veterinary medicine, and financial aid.
- Tour: A guided walk-through of the educational and clinical facilities (companion animal hospital). Note, these are the only tours offered of the College; individual tours are not available.
- Friday, September 13, 2019, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Friday, October 11, 2019, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 8, 2019, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
For Regular Admissions Presentations & Tours:
Registration confirmation will be sent closer to the date of the program, along with details on the time and location of the program.
If you find you cannot attend, please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer those on the wait list an opportunity to attend. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (607) 253-3700.
Restrictions: Children 14 years old and under are not allowed on tours for health and safety reasons.
Warning: There are many steps to climb; you may see dead or sick animals; you may see blood and animal tissues; you will not be allowed to touch or pet any animals. Photography is not allowed at any point during the Tour.
Waitlist: We will create a wait list if the event or program is full. If you are interested in being on a wait list for one of the upcoming programs that is marked “Full” please email email@example.com to let us know. Include the date(s) you are interested in attending and the total number attending including you and any guests. In many cases we do have cancellations and those on the wait list are able to attend.
PRE-VET CLUB SATURDAYS
This year we are offering two Pre-Vet Club Saturdays to choose from:
- Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 12:00 noon-3:00
- Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 12:00 noon-3:00
To register your club, send us an email with the Saturday date your club is interested in attending and a contact name. In the subject line of the email put "Pre-Vet Club Saturday".
Note, space is limited on each date.
Virtual Pre-Vet Club Meetings
Pre-Vet Clubs who would like to set up a Skype™ meeting with the Director of Admissions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual appointments are made with the Director of Admissions if you are unable to come to an admissions presentation and tour. Please use this Bookings link (appointment details such as directions and phone number to call can be found under the 'i' info button) to make an in-person or phone appointment. Note: we are not able to offer tours after individual appointments.