Marta G. Castelhano, DVM, MVSc
Senior Research Associate
Director, Cornell Veterinary Biobank
Department of Clinical Sciences
Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine
930 Campus Road, Box 25
Ithaca, NY 14853
- Biospecimen science and quality impact on biomedical research.
- Mapping the genes that cause or contribute to inherited diseases and traits in domestic animals.
- 2017 Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal, MVSc
- 2002 Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal, DVM
An expert in veterinary biobanking and medical genetics, Dr. Castelhano manages the collections and allocation of samples for ongoing and future research projects. She is a collaborator in several projects at Cornell and other institutions, in addition to conducting her own studies. Dr Castelhano creates and oversees the organizational structure of the Biobank, leading the team through daily operations and representing the Cornell Veterinary Biobank in specialty conferences worldwide.
- ISBER (International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories) Enviro-Bio working group, 2015 - present, member
- ISBER (International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories) Education and Training Committee, 2016 - present, member
- ISO (International Organization for Standardization)/TC276: Working Group 2: Biobank and Bioresources [under American National Standards Institute], May 2018 - present, ISO expert and delegate