AHDC tests that are eligible for expedited result can be viewed below. Requests for expedited testing or expedited result reporting for tests not included on the STAT testing list must be discussed directly with the respective lab section. If you have a circumstance that falls outside of the STAT policy above, please don’t hesitate to contact Veterinary Support Services for guidance and help with this process at (607) 253-3900.
STAT Testing Policy
STAT fee during regular business hours (only Monday thru Friday, non-holiday): $70 in testing laboratories other than Clinical Pathology. The Clinical Pathology STAT fee is $50.
STAT fee Saturday/holidays/weekday after 11:30 am: $280.
STAT requests for multiple animals or multiple tests may incur additional fees.
Please call the main lab number (607-253-3900) in advance if results are needed on a weekend, holiday, or when the lab is normally closed to check availability and determine additional fees. Submitters MUST follow instructions below.
How to submit a STAT sample
Follow the requirements below to ensure prompt turnaround time on STAT submissions.
- Write "STAT" clearly on the submission form. For hand-delivered STAT samples, it is helpful to also verbally notify the technician at the Receiving window that testing is STAT priority.
- Both the sample and test request(s) must be received by 11:30am EST on the day of testing. This may require the use of Priority Overnight (FedEx) or Next Day Early (UPS) shipping services.*
- For shipped STAT samples, write large "Xs" in black marker on all sides of the shipping box.
- For shipped samples, email STATALERT@cornell.edu before 7am EST with the tracking number. In the body of the email please write the test name, patient information and your account number or attach a copy of the submission form to your email. Please indicate if testing is for Export or Regulatory purposes.
* Cortisol and canine progesterone Immulite tests must be requested STAT if samples arrive after 2pm EST. No STAT request is necessary if these samples arrive prior to 2pm EST.
If one or more of the above requirements are not met, AHDC will contact the submitting veterinarian to determine whether to proceed with STAT testing. In this situation, additional fees will apply.
Clinical Pathology requires the above policy be followed for STAT cytologies only. For other STAT testing in clinical pathology no advance notice is required.
STAT testing is not available in Comparative Coagulation because results are provided ASAP on the day of sample arrival for most tests in this section. Testing run on a specified weekday in Comparative Coagulation is also not eligible for STAT priority.