What You Need to Apply
Material for VMCAS
Fill a VMCAS application.
- Complete both the VMCAS application, plus the embedded Cornell supplemental section.
- The VMCAS application becomes available late January with supplemental sections embedded in the VMCAS available mid-May.
Request that official transcripts from all the colleges or universities you attended are sent directly to VMCAS:
This includes college credits you received in high school, a summer course at another institution (even if you received transfer credit) and your home institution.
VMCAS does NOT accept transcripts that are sent by the student or a third party.
Transcripts have to be sent by the colleges or universities where you took courses, even if some of your courses transferred and appear on another institution's transcript.
Upload your 3-6 electronic letters of recommendation (eLOR) to VMCAS.
- Our guidelines for eLORs are explained in the Requirements page.
Material for Cornell D.V.M. Admissions
Have your Advanced Placement (AP) test scores sent directly from the College Board to the Cornell University’s College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Only send for Chemistry and/or Physics and use College Code 4818.
- Needed only for combined PhD/DVM pathway program, transfer students, and international students.
- If you are a New Yor state resident, fill out a NYS residency form online through your Cornell Tracking page.
- Write down your VMCAS ID number for future reference when you begin your VMCAS.
Start a Cornell Tracking Page when it becomes available for your application cycle. This tracking page is how we communicate with you and where your decision letter will be posted.
- Pay attention to the class year you are applying to when you start the tracking page. There are typically 2 class years on the web page.
- Make sure your eLors include at least one veterinarian and one advisor or faculty member. The third can be anyone of your choosing.
- If in doubt regarding some material, visit our Requirements page. If you cannot find the answer, contact us.
- Remember: if your application is accepted or you are placed on a wait list, you will need to provide a Dean's Certification form (see Requirements). This form is not due by the September deadline.
- We do not require Fall transcripts.