Skip to main content
Tuition and Financial Aid
Cornell University
College of Veterinary Medicine

Veteran Education Benefits

Veteran education benefits are available to eligible full or part-time Cornell students or employees who are active duty or reserve military personnel, veterans, or in some cases, the child or spouse of a veteran. To determine eligibility, complete the online Application for VA Education Benefits (VA Form 22-1990).

If you will be receiving VA benefits, Financial Aid will need to receive a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA. Please submit it to our office via email to 

In-State Tuition

Effective Fall 2018, any student eligible to receive veteran education benefits who is enrolled at Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine will be assessed in-state tuition.

Students must demonstrate their eligibility to receive VA benefits but they are not required to utilize them. This policy applies to veterans who are eligible under their own entitlement for VA benefits and students who are dependents of veterans and have had benefits transferred to their name.

For additional information, please visit Financial Aid's website.

Additional Resources

If you have general questions concerning veteran education benefits, please visit the VA's website. Contact a VA benefits counselor for a specific question about a current claim.

If you have specific concerns about your certification at Cornell, contact the Cornell VA Representative via email or phone (607) 255-4232. Veterans eligible under vocational rehab should contact a Cornell VA Representative to find out more.