- Do I need an AHDC account to submit samples for coagulation testing?
- Who do I contact for billing questions?
- How do I receive results?
- What sample is required for coagulation testing?
- What sample is required for canine or feline blood typing?
- What is the turnaround time for coagulation testing?
- Is fasting required for Protein C assays?
A new account will be generated upon first receipt of samples from veterinary clinics, referral, and research laboratories. Owners should work with their veterinarian for coagulation sampling and submissions.
Check billing and fee policies. For specific questions call the Billing department at (607) 253-3951.
Reports are emailed as PDFs or faxed to your account as soon as results are finalized. You can also check on-line to confirm sample receipt and view results. Use the account portal to manage your preferences for receiving results.
Separated citrate plasma (plasma from a blue top tube) is required for all coagulation screening tests, factor assays, Von Willebrand assays, protein C and antithrombin assays and heparin monitoring.
Refer to the (detailed sampling instructions.
EDTA whole blood (at least 1.5 mL) is required for blood typing.
Most clinical assays are performed daily and results reported within 24 hours of sample receipt. The turnaround time for Von Willebrand assays is 48 hours.
No, animals do not have to be fasted. More information on Protein C assays.