College of Veterinary Medicine Alumni Association
September 5, 2018 - Alumni Association Executive Board Meeting
Under the governance of the Alumni Association Executive Board, the Alumni Association sponsors a variety of programs and services to promote the Veterinary College, its welfare and the interests of its alumni.
"The objective of the Alumni Association shall be to promote the interests of the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine and its alumni and to aid in the preparation and development of veterinary students as well as the continued development of veterinary alumni."
In 2009-2010, the Executive Board voted to eliminate membership dues, opening up membership to all alumni. Each graduate upon receipt of the DVM degree from Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine shall become a member in good standing and all current members of the faculty of the College are members of the Association. The Alumni Association promotes engagement between alumni, students and the College through its activities. Funding from the College of Veterinary Medicine's Annual Fund supports events and programs.
Programs funded in 2017-2018:
- Student Organizations (14 grants awarded)
- Expanding Horizons Opportunities
- Healthy Pet Clinic - Traveling Clinic
- White Coat Ceremony
- Daniel Elmer Salmon Award for Distinguished Alumni Service
- Alumni Receptions at National Veterinary Conferences (NAVC, WVC, AVMA, AAEP)
- Alumni-Student Networking & Admission Reception Events
- Leadership roles programs for senior students during senior week
Meet the Veterinary College's Alumni Association Executive Board.